|WSPA Minority Scholarship Award|
1. Recipient must be a WSPA student member enrolled in good standing in one of the Wisconsin school psychology programs at both the time of application and award presentation. Newly admitted students are eligible and encouraged. Interns and first-year psychologists are ineligible. A single recipient may receive the award more than once.
2. Recipient must be recognized by the university as having minority status in any of the following groups: American Indian or Alaskan Native (All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America and maintaining identifiable tribal affiliations through membership and participation or community identification.); Asian and Pacific Islander (All persons having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian Subcontinent, or the Pacific Islands.); Black (All persons having origins in any of the black African racial groups not of Hispanic origin.); and Hispanic (All persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central or South American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)
3. Recipient must be nominated by the individual School Psychology Program Director or Coordinator with a one-page Letter of Nomination. It is the responsibility of the Director or Coordinator to adhere to the spirit of this award and restrict nominees to those deserving students with the greatest financial needs.
4. Recipient must agree to proceed directly to certification. Priority will be given to applicants agreeing to practice in the state of Wisconsin for a period of not less than one academic year as a level 62 School Psychologist.
Nomination packets require the following:
1. Completed Scholarship Candidate Information form.
2. A one-page Letter of Nomination submitted by the University Program Director or Coordinator detailing the individual’s academic record, honors, and accomplishments. Undergraduate record and accomplishments may be referenced and will be considered.
3. A one-page Letter of Application by the candidate addressing his or her record of personal commitment to children, professional goals, and involvement in WSPA.
4. One Letter of Support from university faculty or other individuals.
5. Current Resume
The selection of the recipient will be decided by the Awards and Recognition Committee. The monetary award and certificate will be presented at the Spring 2019 Convention. Completed nomination packets need to be submitted to the committee by January 27, 2019.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
To download the nomination form click on this link: Student nomination form.doc