|Bernice Krolasik Memorial Scholarship|
The Bernice Krolasik Memorial Scholarship Award will be awarded to a non-traditional age WSPA student member currently enrolled in a graduate (non-doctoral) Wisconsin school psychology training program leading to certification. This scholarship is funded by the Krolasik family in memory of Bernice and her years of dedication to the field of school psychology and commitment to the welfare of children. The award ($1,600.00 and a framed certificate) will be presented at the Spring 2019 Convention.
2. Student must be a non-traditional aged student (student may have taken some time off of school prior to applying to graduate school or be supporting a family, etc.)
3. Preference will be given to those candidates that have future work location goals in the state of Wisconsin.
Nomination packets require the following:
1. Completed the Scholarship Candidate Information form
2. The candidate needs to author a candidate statement which addresses his or her professional goals, commitment to the discipline of school psychology, experience with students and schools, commitment to the welfare of children, and involvement in WSPA. Candidate must also include statement as to how they are a non-traditional age student and future work location goals.
3. Letter of recommendation from university trainer or professor needs to address the candidate’s academic achievement, their contribution to children (i.e. volunteer work, other activities, in practicum) and their skills in relating with peers, instructors, and professionals.
4. A current resume.
The selection of the recipient will be decided by the Awards and Recognition Committee. The monetary award and certificate will be presented at the spring WSPA convention.
Completed nomination packets need to be submitted to the committee by January 27, 2019.
Please email packets to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
To download the nomination form click on this link: Student nomination form.doc